Check out these tools, sites, people, books and other ‘good stuff’ that I have found helpful. It’s time to begin to work out what is the best fit for you:
- Kirsten Neff – When I needed to find an anchor to attach my change and recovery process to I was drawn to the work of Kristen Neff. Her concepts and integration of Self Compassion into everyday life is relevant and essential as a foundation for ongoing personal development and happiness. – Self Compassion
- Babette Rothschild – Her book Help for the Helper. Self-care Strategies for Managing Burnout and Stress.
- Laura van Dernoot Lipsky – Trauma stewardship. An everyday Guide to Caring for Self While Caring for Others.
- Brene Brown – I cannot praise this woman enough as a social worker and vulnerability & shame researcher she sheds a light on human nature and imparts wisdom and insight valuable for us all. Her books should be required reading and again a great one to follow. – Brene Brown
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – This was the basis for my psychological therapy that led my recovery. It is something you will need to explore for yourselves but for a simple overview check this out – ACT overview and to explore more from one of the main thought leaders Russ Harris – Russ Harris ACT
- Emotional Freedom Technique – I was introduced to ‘Tapping’ through the Essential Oils community and have found it to be an effective and supportive way to focus my mind, refocus my thoughts and reframe my mindset for everyday life and business. I primarily use the works of Brad Yates although there are many more Tapping experts around – try out Brad and some others and find what fits for you. – Tap with Brad
- Sarah Wilson – This taught me (again) not to judge on media impressions! Read a little of Sarah’s very real struggle with anxiety and start to look at it from a totally different angle – First We Make The Beast Beautiful
- Elizabeth Gilbert – Even for those of us who don’t feel we have a creative spirit this is a goody, a book to help you believe and seize every opportunity. – Big Magic
- Tiffany Peterson – A business / life coach and female empowerment guru Tiff is a go to for anyone open to rethinking their approach to life – tiffany speaks.
- Gabby Bernstein – I love lots that Gabby does and she is a great one to follow, but for me her Spirit Junkies course was a turning point in how I integrated my beliefs into my everyday life. Not being a person of religion but a strong believer in the universe I found her concepts of bringing it all back to Love as core to reaching inwards and thus reaching outwards to the world. – Gabby Bernstein